While combing through the election websites of Hillary Clinton, we noticed that Hillary has some election promises for animal rights. It looks awfully similar to Bernie Sander’s promises but sadly with a lot of details taken out.
This is from Hillary’s website:
As president, Hillary will:
- Protect wildlife in the United States by keeping public lands public—not auctioning them off to the highest bidder—and making more resources available to farmers, ranchers, and forest landowners who are taking steps to conserve our wildlife, lands, and waters.
- Combat international wildlife trafficking by shutting down the U.S. market for illegal wildlife products and combating international animal trafficking and poaching, which harms the environment and fuels terrorist activity.
- Protect pets and domesticated animals by making sure facilities like animal breeders, zoos, and research institutions create plans to protect the animals in their care during disasters; strengthening regulations of “puppy mills” and other harmful commercial breeding facilities; and supporting the Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture (PACT) Act.
- Protect farm animals from inhumane treatment by encouraging farms to raise animals humanely and working to eliminate the use of antibiotics in farm animals for non-therapeutic reasons.
- Protect horses by ending the slaughter of horses for human consumption and cracking down on the practice of horse soring, in which chemicals or other inhumane methods are applied to horses’ limbs to exaggerate their gait.
While this is from Feel The Bern with each items described in more details.
Breeding and Captivity Practices: No animal should be subjected to inhumane commercial breeding habits nor should they be contained within neglected and inadequate shelters.
Livestock Issues: All animals that are raised for food should be treated humanely with minimum standards of care.
Cruelty Toward Animals: All animals must be protected from all forms of cruelty, suffering and abuse, whether in captivity or in the wild.
Protecting Wildlife: All wild animals must be protected from unnecessary danger to their livelihood and habitats, including threats to endangered species.
It’s relatively unknown whether the promises she made are going to be effective at all as her track record of animal rights is only when it is convenient instead of perfect dedication like Bernie Sanders. But we know that it is much better than Trump’s whose sons have been going out on hunting trips.